Recently, a new coronavirus called COVID-19 was detected in Eagle Pass, Texas. This virus can cause a range of illnesses, from the common cold to pneumonia.
You can get information and resources to stay healthy and informed during the pandemic by contacting our
emergency line at 830-421-5122. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00pm
City of Eagle Pass COVID-19 Documents:
To minimize the risk of virus spread, the CDC recommends that all persons follow these health best practices:
- Minimize exposure to symptomatic patients
- Avoid travel to countries on the CDC’s at-risk list.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Regularly disinfect common surfaces, and train custodial staff to follow enhanced cleaning protocols. Refer to general recommendations for routine cleaning and disinfection from the CDC.
- If you experience symptoms:
- Make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.
- Stay home to avoid spreading the virus at work and in other public areas.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for wearing a face mask.